Live Tweets during ALL OUT SWIM
Saturday, April 20th 2013
Tweet your thoughts on Saturday
with the hashtag #alloutswim2013
WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY & HOW FOR ALL OUT SWIM
We are DSC!! This is our meet, it is our time to SHINE! Let's show them how it's done, in and out of the water. Bring your team spirit and don't be afraid to show it. Cheer on your team mates, wear your DSC suit, shirts, jackets and caps and swim hard!
WHAT to bring
- 2 swimsuits - one for warmup and one for racing
- 2 pairs of goggels - just in case
- your DSC swim cap - represent baby! there wil be caps for sale - $10
- 2 or 3 towels - you will be in and out of the water and will want a dry towel at the end of the day
- flip flops or shoes - the deck and change room floors get gross
- warm clothes - it gets cold on deck and you want your muscles warm for racing
- a lock - this will help reduce the amount of stuff on deck
- snacks - there will be food available but you might want to bring your favourite treats, think easy to eat and digest
- water bottle - it is a long day, stay hydrated!
Please, please arrive at 10am, there will be lots of set up and many hands make light work!
U of T, duh! Use the spadina change rooms only (our usual change rooms), once on deck we will gather on the bleachers as a team!
Because we love to swim!
HOW to warmup
- Warmup can be slightly overwhelming - imagine 270 swimmers at a practice! Yikes!
- Proper lane ettiquette still applies (sort of)
- DON'T dive - except in specific sprint lanes, which usually open up near the end of the warm up
- Try not to block the wall - you will get flipped on, NOT FUN - squeeze close to the lane rope - if you need a longer break (or to chat with a friend) get out on deck
- Be aware of other swimmers, but try to focus on your own warmup!
- Do what YOUR body feels - here are some sample warmups
Sample warmup 1
300-600 mix easy swim/drill/DPS/kick
3-6 x 100 descend - work the turns
6-8 x 50 build
1 or 2 dives with fast breakout
Sample warmup 2
4-8 x 50 IM or choice (25 kick + 25 drill)
3 x 50 Build within
100 easy swim
200 Quality - 10m sprints in different spots <practice the turns etc>
100 easy swim
1 or 2 dives with fast breakouts
1-3 x 25 sprint off the block
100 - 200 easy
Sample warmup 3
4 x 50 drill
3 x 100 (50 build to sprint, 50 easy swim)
100 - 30 easy 10m sprint
*long distance swimmers- 3 x 50 (50%, 70%, 90%)
3 x 100 (25 sprint + 75 easy)
Cheers - see you in the pool!!! Luci
Hey - meet swimmers & meet volunteers!
Come out and celebrate with the Downtown Swim Club after the All OUT Swim.
Awards of Achievement and Recognition will be announced.
When: Saturday, April 20th, 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM
Where: Check emails for location.
This is a BYOB event.
Hope you all can make it to the AFTERGLOW!
Click here to register